Hello! Here we go!
normal class “nc” = 7-8:30 pm, beginning class “bc” = 7-8 pm
- 8/7 nc, 8/8 bc
- 8/14 nc, 8/15 bc
- 9/4 nc, 9/5 bc
- 9/11 nc
- 9/18 nc, 9/19 bc
- 9/25 nc
- 10/2 nc, 10/3 bc
- 10/9 nc
- 10/16 nc, 10/17 bc
- 10/23 nc
- 10/30 nc
- 11/6 nc, 11/7 bc
- 11/13 nc, 11/14 bc
- 1/8 nc, 1/9 bc
- 1/15 nc
- 1/22 nc, 1/23 bc
- 2/5 nc, 2/6 bc
- 2/19 nc, 2/20 bc
- 2/26 nc
- 3/4 nc, 3/5 bc
- 3/11 nc
- 3/18 nc, 3/19
- 3/25 nc
- hold 4/6 and 4/13 more rehearsals and gig 4/19
- 5/6 nc
- 5/8 – 5 pm GIG @ Lane Tech
- 5/13 nc, 5/14 bc
- 5/20 nc
- 6/3 nc
- 6/6 SATURDAY REHEARSAL HOLD w/ dancers 1-3 pm
- 6/10 nc
- 6/17 nc
- 6/20 SATURDAY REHEARSAL HOLD w/ dancers 1-3 pm
- 6/24 nc
- parade 6/28 HOLD
we do rehearse every wednesday and thursday.
special sessions! price information to be announced shortly.
FRIDAY 6/21 MAKE MUSIC CHICAGO. 5:30-7:30 pm DOWNTOWN on the RIVERWALK. near the confluence. WEST of FRANKLIN
SATURDAY 6/29 1-3 pm at my house
SUNDAY JUNE 6/30 TBA
MONDAY 7/1 6:30-8:30 pm at my house
TUESDAY 7/2 6:30-8:30 pm at my house
WEDNESDAY 7/3 6:30-8:30 pm at my house
THURSDAY THE GIG! CALL 12 pm IN EVANSTON
Evanston Escola de Samba won the Evanston 4th of July parade, so now it’s time to really celebrate. Join us for the Brazilian samba event of the summer on Saturday 7/28! You better be there, this is EEDS’ last major event until October. Invite your friends! Get ready for Carnaval in July!
When: Saturday 7/28 from 8 PM – 11:45 PM
Where: The Irish American Heritage Center’s Erin Room (4626 N Knox Ave, Chicago, IL 60630).
The night will include samba dance lessons with Dill Costa, samba dancers, bateria (Brazilian percussion) performance, pagode and more!
$10 cash only at the door
Performers: There will be two practices leading up to the event, you must attend at least one to perform at the event:
Wednesday 7/25 at Lane Tech Lawn (2501 W Addison St) 7-10 PM
Friday 7/27 at Lane Tech Lawn (2501 W Addison St) 7-? PM
EEDS took the overall top prize in this year’s Evanston 4th of July Parade, the president’s Cup! Many thanks to everyone who played and supported us! Congratulations to all the other winners and participants – we all had a fantastic time!
hello world! here are some exciting announcements!! MORE DETAILS FORTHCOMING
rehearsals and upcoming gigs:
- 6/4 Bloco Maximo rehearsal 7-8:30 pm @ 2649 n. kildare.
- 6/6 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm @ 2649 n. kildare
- 6/9 EEDS, BM, Oloboom and more perform at Taste of Yates (1839 n. richmond) arrive at 6 pm. play for 60 minutes. may be 7-8 pm or earlier.
- 6/11 BM rehearsal 7-9 pm @ 2649 n. kildare
- 6/13 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm @ 2649 n. kildare
- 6/18 BM rehearsal 7-9 pm @ 2649 n. kildare
- 6/20 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm @ 2649 n. kildare
- 6/21 Make Music Chicago on LT Lawn 6-7:30 (https://www.facebook.com/events/373481543140311/)
- 6/23 606 parade w/ EEDS and Oloboom 3-5 pm. meet at 1805 n. albany. dancers will be joining us.
- 6/24 Pride Parade with Moacyr. Under the name Folia Brasil, Chicago Samba will be participating at the Pride Parade. We are looking for drummers/percussionists and dancers for the event. This will be a parade carnaval style presentation. (https://www.facebook.com/events/415179145614842/)
- 6/27 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm @ 2649 n. kildare
- tuesday 7/3 rehearsal 7-9 pm LANE TECH LAWN in preparation for 4th of july parade
- WEDNESDAY 7/4 meet in Evanston 12:30 pm for parade. unit #55 sector 8. Hastings Ave, along bent park.
- thursday 7/5 ALL rehearsal 7-10 pm at SRBCC 4048 w. armitage with special guest. $20
- friday 7/6 pagode maximo gig TBA 7 pm
- tuesday 7/10 class with Dudu Fuentes 7-9 pm most likely outside on LT lawn
- wednesday 7/11 class with Dudu Fuentes 7-9 pm most likely outside on LT lawn
- thursday 7/12 class with Dudu Fuentes 7-9 pm @ 1757 n. kimball
- friday 7/13 class with Dudu Fuentes 7-9 pm and noemi’s going away party 8:30 pm – 12 am at HER HOUSE.
- saturday 7/15 parade with Dudu for Folk and Roots Festival
- wednesday 7/18 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm at 2649 n. kildare
- sunday 7/22 Evanston ethnic arts festival 5 pm. 30 minute parade.
- wednesday 7/25 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm at Lane Tech Lawn
- friday 7/27 EEDS rehearsal 7-9 pm at Lane Tech Lawn
- saturday 7/28 SAMBA Champions-Only Event and Concert at the Irish-American Heritage Center
- AUGUST BREAK
- sunday 9/9 Evanston Streets Alive 1:30 – 2 pm Performance
all normal EEDS classes are $10. special guest rehearsals will be specified closer to event and exact locations will be specified closer to event. the date and time frames will not change. most rehearsals will take place at kildare studios, LT lawn, Quilombo, and maybe my church. ALL details are tentative and subject to change. time frames are suggestions. happy practicing! call or text me if you have a question. i am on summer break friday 6/22 at 6:00 am.
hello! here is an updated glance at classes and events! all classes 7-8:30 pm (2649 n. kildare) unless noted. hit me up if you have a question. reed – 608.434.3173
march classes: 7th, 21st, 28th, SAT 31st @ quilombo 1-3
april classes: 4th, SAT 7th rehearsal 1-3 and gig @ quilombo 8pm, 11th, 18th, 25th,
may classes: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd.
june classes: 6th, 13th, thursday 21st?, 27th
july classes: 3rd, parade on the 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, SHOW ON THE 28th
special events: april 7th 20th anniversary show at quilombo, june 21st make music, july 4th parade, july 28th show.
classes will resume in january. 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28. more information forthcoming.
all classes held at 2649 n. kildare from 7-8:30 pm. e-mail email@example.com or call 608.434.3173.
huge gig with john beard, david chelimsky and dill costa december 2nd at Fulton Street Collective. 8 pm (https://www.facebook.com/events/1362900437152666/)
please get ready for 4th of july parade in evanston!
only 2 more wednesday bateria rehearsals left (the 21st and 28th) @ SRBCC 7:30-9pm. 4048 w. armitage. most likely will be performing all numbered breaks (1-6) thumb break and baiana. bateria members will need an EEDS shirt, white pants/shorts, pleasant attitude, and appropriate swing feel.
working on scheduling another rehearsal with the dancers. TBA.
trying to finalize our theme with “evanston’s heroes are america’s heroes: our first responders.” the bateria is going with a fireman theme. a few surprises are in store. will need to assemble on central street in evanston at our assigned location at 12:30 pm. parade is at 2 pm. we are working on a 5 pm post-hang gig and celebration.
Announcing EEDS Carnaval 2017!
May 5th, 7-10pm, Irish American Heritage Center (4626 N. Knox Ave.)
We will also be having 2 workshops (May 3rd & 4th) with Mestre Jorge Alabê
$25 each, Cash only at door, Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center (4048 W. Armitage Ave.)
RSVP here: Workshop 1 (May 3rd), Workshop 2 (May 4th)
Tickets for May 5th: $20 in advance, $25 at the door (Cash Only)
$10 for children 7-12 — Children 6 and under are free!
Buy your tickets here!
Our gig is Sunday July 17th at 12 pm! Dawes Park! 1700 Sheridan Road, Evanston. #Boom
call time is 11 am. white pants and EEDS shirt. If you do not have a shirt e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred size. the samba van is leaving SRBCC (4048 w. armitage) around 10:15 am with room for 11 people, drums, coolers full of water and more, and great friendship! contact email@example.com to reserve a spot in the van. title the e-mail “samba van confirmation request.” right now i have spots for kelson, sergio, gloria, eudald, and michael covington.
REPERTOIRE: Last Rehearsal is this Wednesday July 13th 7-9 pm.
-Rio Style Samba with the appropriate Swing Feel
-Breaks 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.
-Jorge Break “Butterfly”
-EEDS classic break “All of Shoulder”
-Baiana and Gerais Break (Gerais Break, Gerais Mangueira, Gerais 12 – 8)
all tracks here (https://soundcloud.com/evanston-escola-de-samba/tracks)