Hello Sambistas! We trust this message finds you all well. Sorry about missing class last week, but we felt it was in our best interests to play it safe and not venture out. But on the plus side:
Class resumes this Wednesday! (June 19th)
- 2008 W. Dempster Street
- $50 for the session ($25 with student ID). Day of class: CASH ONLY
- If you would like to register in advance, online via PayPal, click here.
- 6:00 pm Beginners , 7:00 pm Advanced
- We will have shirts and merchandise for sale. Day of class: CASH ONLY.
We have our first performance this Friday! (June 21st)
- ALL ARE WELCOME. We are participating in Make Music Chicago in Evanston!
- 6:00 pm call time at Fountain Square (corner of Church & Sherman, Evanston)
- 6:30 pm performance, outdoors. We will walk around the fountain and have fun making music. Then we will walk to Nichols Hall (1490 W Chicago Ave, Evanston).
- There will be a brief performance at Nichols Hall at 7 pm. It will be less than 10 minutes outside on the steps, and we will be done around 7:15 pm.
MANDATORY DRESS for Performance: white bottom pants, capris, or dress; an official Evanston Escola de Samba shirt (available Wednesday evening); and big smile.
We are still finding the best time to reschedule class: most likely it will be Sunday June 23rd or 30th in the evening (as soon as we know we will let you know).
Contact Reed Flygt if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.