Thank you all so much! Muito obrigado! Our 2014 Carnaval celebration went off with out a hitch on Saturday! It was so wonderful to see everyone together dancing, singing, playing music and having a wonderful time. Samba knows no borders and we were so happy to bring a little piece of Brazilian Carnaval to Chicago. A big thank you for everyone who attended and helped make Carnaval 2014 such a success! We love you all and hope to see you at another event or class soon! Keep your eyes on our blog and Facebook page in the coming days for updates on our Spring classes as well as info about our 2014 Samba-Enredo.
Special thanks to.:
- The Handphibians
- Bloco Maximo
- The Evanston Escola de Samba Bateria
- Dance Instructors and Passistas: Edilson Lima, Ariel Barbick, Cristina Grieco, Uyshica Brown, Pierre Cameron, Roxanne Bavarian, Molejo Capoeira Nagô and Mariana Urraburu
- Marcos Oliveira
- The International Capoeira Angola Foundation
- Bateria Quilombola
- Oloboom, the Lane Tech Bateria
- Our inimitable leaders: Bateria Director Reed Flygt, Executive Director Jessica Anzaldua and Board President Matt Rarey
- The EEDS Board of Directors and everyone who helped volunteer at the event, special shout-outs to John Beard, Lindsay Fullerton, Carol Greene, Caitlin Andrew, Nilce Landau, Rita Sacay, Priscilla Anzaldua, Rosa Anzaldua, Miles Comiskey, Andrew Green, Peter Korajczyk, Eudald Lerga, Richard Adams, Lane Tech students and parents and everyone who lent a hand!
- Luis Bermúdez, Amber Mohammed, and everyone at the Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center – we know our wonderful partnership is just beginning
- Heather Marie, for her amazing photos featured on this page, check them all out here.
- Taste of Brazil Cafe in Oak Park and Whole Foods, our food and beverage sponsors