Thank you all so much! Muito obrigado! Our 2014 Carnaval celebration went off with out a hitch on Saturday! It was so wonderful to see everyone together dancing, singing, playing music and having a wonderful time. Samba knows no borders and we were so happy to bring a little piece of Brazilian Carnaval to Chicago. A big thank you for everyone who attended and helped make Carnaval 2014 such a success! We love you all and hope to see you at another event or class soon! Keep your eyes on our blog and Facebook page in the coming days for updates on our Spring classes as well as info about our 2014 Samba-Enredo.
Special thanks to.:
- Our inimitable leaders: Bateria Director Reed Flygt, Executive Director Jessica Anzaldua and Board President Matt Rarey
- The EEDS Board of Directors and everyone who helped volunteer at the event, special shout-outs to John Beard, Lindsay Fullerton, Carol Greene, Caitlin Andrew, Nilce Landau, Rita Sacay, Priscilla Anzaldua, Rosa Anzaldua, Miles Comiskey, Andrew Green, Peter Korajczyk, Eudald Lerga, Richard Adams, Lane Tech students and parents and everyone who lent a hand!
- Luis Bermúdez, Amber Mohammed, and everyone at the Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center – we know our wonderful partnership is just beginning
- Heather Marie, for her amazing photos featured on this page, check them all out here.
- Taste of Brazil Cafe in Oak Park and Whole Foods, our food and beverage sponsors
Alô, Comunidade! The EEDS Carnaval 2014 Event at the Segundo Ruiz Belivs Cultural Center (4046 W Armitage, Chicago, Illinois) is less than 2 weeks away, Saturday, March 15th and the lineup is just about set! Even better, you can now purchase tickets online for $15 right here, using a credit card or Paypal. You will then be put on the guest list at the door. You can also buy tickets at the door for $15 cash. If you have any questions or problems with the online ticket purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also RSVP on Facebook, so we can get an idea of who is coming, but in order to get a spot on the guest list and guarantee entry you need to buy a ticket! This event is quickly selling out! We look forward to seeing you there!
Carnaval 2014 Lineup (Doors open at 6:30)
7:30pm Dance class with Edilson Lima, Cristina Grieco, and Ariel Barbick
8 pm The International Capoeira Angola Foundation
8:35 pm Bateria Quilombola
8:50 pm The Evanston Escola de Samba Bateria
9:05 pm Oloboom, The Lane Tech Bateria
9:30 pm Bateria Muito Legal (70+ Bateria)
10:15 pm The Handphibians (Madison, WI)
11:05 pm Surprise
11:20 pm Bloco Maximo
12:05 am Pagode
-And even more to be announced!
These are two of the group pieces for Bateria Muito Legal! Get ready to hear these songs on March 15th!
Carnaval time is here! Join EEDS and friends for an amazing Carnaval event. CARNAVAL 2014 brings together the finest Brazilian groups from Chicago and beyond for a night of high-energy Brazilian percussion, dancing, and excitement!
When: Sat., March 15: doors 6:30 PM; Dance lesson with Edilson Lima at 7:30; show 8:00
This event is ALL AGES
Tickets are $15 cash at the door or online in advance using Paypal or Credit Card
Where: Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center, 4046 W Armitage, Chicago, IL 60639
RSVP On Facebook!
Featuring performances by:
-The International Capoeira Angola Foundation
-Oloboom, the Lane Tech Bateria
–The Handphibians (Madison, WI)
-The Evanston Escola de Samba Bateria
-The debut performance of Bateria Muito Legal
-And even more to be announced!
Presented by the Evanston Escola de Samba, in partnership with the Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center.