Just a quick reminder that Fall Classes at EEDS start today!
Check out the details at the Facebook event:
Hope to see everyone there!
Hello Everyone!! Thanks again for a great parade!! I had a blast!! From my point of view this was the best parade that I have been part of!! Thank you for that!! We are getting better every time!! WOO!!! Special shout out to Dill Costa for making the dancing so beautiful!!
Huge special shout out for Matt and Lindsay!! It is sad to say but that may have been their last 4th of july parade with EEDS!! Hopefully we will see them again!! We are meeting this wednesday to hang out at SRBCC and organize drums AND SHOWER MATT AND LINDSAY WITH LOVE!! Please come through.
The rest of the summer:
- July 8th – Hang Session 7 pm
- July 25th – 2-4 pm free workshop at The Wire (6815 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn, IL – 60402) and then evening show with Fatbook. I will be leading an open community workshop for all ages where we will cover some basics and learn an arrangement that we will perform with Fatbook that evening. More information to be announced.
- NO OTHER CLASSES IN AUGUST
- September 2nd – Tentative Start Date for Fall classes!! YES!!!
- September 13th (SUNDAY) – Streets Alive performance in Evanston. 1pm.
- September 17,18, 19 – Workshops with Dudu Fuentes in Chicago (Bateria Quilombola)
- September 20th (SUNDAY). Willy Street Parade in Madison, WI. 10:30 am. Perform with the Handphibians.
That is it for now!!
ON AND EVER FORWARD!!
That’s right – after a successful Carnaval, and an awesome workshop with Dana Monteiro of Harlem Samba, our next session of EEDS percussion classes is about to begin. This time we are doing things a bit differently. Instead of breaking up into sessions, we will be having classes every Wednesday from now until July 4th!
Dates: Every Wednesday (unless otherwise noted)
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Location: Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center, 4048 W Armitage, Chicago
Instructor: Reed Flygt
Description: In this class, students will learn Rio-style percussion techniques and patterns in preparation for our major 4th of July Parade. Every week is a drop in – so join us as often as you can. Instruments will be provided! All levels welcome!
If you have any questions contact Reed Flygt (email@example.com).
$12 per class OR buy 10 classes for $100 and get a class card that will be marked for each class you take. Pay by cash, check or by credit card on our Paypal Donation Page.
If you buy a class card, you will receive it on the first day of class.